7 January 2014

Review: Chi Chi Super BB Cream



When I got my prize from Chi Chi Cosmetics I wasn't too fussed about the BB Cream.  I have tried many "drugstore" BB Creams before and they aren't great.  So I just selected the colour Light and didn't think anything else of it.




When I received it I thought I would try it but was already convinced that it was going to be just like all the others.  Then I saw on the packaging that it was made in Korea.  BB Creams are heavily used in Asia, specifically in Korea, and the Western world hasn't really caught up.Instead of selling a substitue for foundation most cosmetic brands sell glorified tinted moisturisers.  I haven't tried high end brands so they may be different but I have not been impressed with drugstore brands.




As soon as I swatched it on my hand I noticed that it was a lot runnier than other BB Creams I'd tried and when I rubbed it in it covered all my light freckles.




I have now used this for quite a few weeks on and off and I really like it!  I was dubious at the start but am completely converted.  On the box it came in it said they researched in Korea and then made it there so that they could imitate how the Asian BB Creams are created.  Well done Chi Chi you seem to have the winning formula!

It comes in 3 shades Light, Medium and Medium to Tan and retails at $22.95 which is quite expensive compared to other drugstore brands.  However the quality of this product means I think it's definitely worth the money.  It has medium coverage which is quite good considering it's not a foundation.  I suggest wearing this over a primer so it won't settle in the lines of your face and setting it with a powder reduce its' shine.

Let me know what BB Creams you have tried and what you thought!  Have you tried Chi Chi Super BB Cream?  What did you think?













No comments:

Post a Comment