4 March 2014

February Favourites

February is my birthday month, the month of LOVE and the shortest month.

Beginning of March Update:  I am still holding onto my birthday (I still have my cards up and have only just threw away my helium birthday balloons), my husband & I don't really do Valentines day, and I can't believe it is already March!  Argh life just flashes by... I know I sound "old" saying that but the more time goes by the more I realise it.

February was a bit different for me as far as favourites are concerned.  For the majority of the month I didn't wear foundation at all which is quite rare for me but I did start a daily face routine to try and help me get "nicer" skin.  I also have started trying to eat healthier and not spend as much money and both those goals are going well.






 Batiste Dry Shampoo in Sassy & Daring Wild
After hearing review after review on this dry shampoo I finally bit the bullet and bought it.  Let me tell you I LOVE THIS!!  I have tried other dry shampoo's and none had ever done what they said they should.  But Bastiste is AMAZING!  Seriously you know I mean it when I use capitals ;)

Natio Botanical Conditioner
 My mum bought my husband this shampoo ages ago but we forgot about it.  When clearing out the bathroom cabinet I found it so decided to use it and I really like it.  It makes my hair really soft and gives it a nice texture.




BB Cream & Day Cream

 Johnson's Face Care Moisturising Day Cream
Recently I have been watching my face with a cleanser or scrub and then applying a thick layer of this before bed.  I know that this is a "day" cream and I should probably be using a "night" cream at night.  But that's not how I roll :)  It seems to be working and I like the lightness of the cream.

Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream in Light
I started using this at the end of February but using it reignited my love for this BB Cream.  I wouldn't say it's a "traditional" BB Cream but I really like it.  The colour matches my skin really well and I love that it doesn't dry my skin out.




L'Oreal 378, Covergirl 205, and both
 L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Lipstick 378 Velvet Rose
 I know, I know this was in my mid month favourites but I still LOVE it!!  I love the classy packaging and I love the creamy texture.  It is a gorgeous bright pink colour... sort of a cross between hot pink and dusty pink if that makes sense :)  I love it!

Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Glass Balm in Ballet Twist (205)
I bought this in my birthday makeup haul and I really like it.  I wasn't expecting too much from it but I really like it.  It's a quite a sheer & pale pink and very moisturising.  I like using it on top of my L'Oreal lipstick to tone the colour down.




Revlon Smokey Crayon, Rimmel Scandaleyes (top to bottom)

Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black
Another product that I have always loved but have recently fallen back in love with.  This mascara does amazing things with my lashes; lengthening them and thickening them to the extreme!  It's not expensive and is absolutely awesome!

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof in Bronze
 I absolutely love this colour.  I have been wearing brown eye liner instead of black recently as it's a lot more natural and blends in well with my eyeshadows as I tend to pick natural colours.  It has flecks of gold-y bronze which means it spices up every eye look.

Revlon Luxurious Colour Smokey Crayon in Bronze Smoke
 This one is more of a brown then the bronze it claims to be but it still does have a few flecks in it.  This one I like to blend out into my eyeshadows and I think you probably could use it as an eyeshadow if you were after a smokey eye look.



Nescafe Caramel Latte
I don't think it needs to be said again but I will anyway... I love Caramel Latte!!   I used to think that Nescafe wasn't as flavorsome as Moccona but now I have completely swapped my view.  Now I love Nescafe and don't really like Moccona sachets as much (though their instant coffees is a lot better).
 
 
 So those were my February 2014 favourites.  A bit random I know but they are what they are :)  What have you been loving this month?  Anything I should be trying?  Let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment