18 June 2014

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquers



Last year I noticed the Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquers in store and something about their unique design pulled me in.  They are a hybrid between a lipstick and lip gloss and come in 11 different shades.  They cost $15.95 so cost more than a Rimmel lipstick however I think they are definitely worth it - especially for you girls who like a glossy finish to their lips.  If you have read my post about Chi Chi's Liquid Lipsticks, they are quite similar to these.




 I bought two shades; 303 Apocaliptic which is a hot pink & 101 Celestial which is more pinky nude/rose.  Both colours are extremely pigmented as you can see below in the swatches.  The applicator has a hollow which holds extra product making these very easy to apply.  I find the best way to use these is to apply one later, press your lips together, and then apply another.  This is because the first layer can look a bit patchy on your lips.


Swatches:  Apocoliptic, Celestial

These lip lacquers are very moisturising and do not dry my lips out.  They last for hours, though do fade a little during eating & drinking.  They don't settle in the natural lines of your mouth and create a lovely finish to your lips.  They feel so creamy that you feel like you are putting a balm on your lips.

The only thing I don't like (and it's a small thing) is that the labels are on the side and really look quite disgusting after a while.  I'm a bit picky I know but I like things to stay looking perty!  They are also quite long which makes them awkward to store but I generally just keep them with my glosses.



Overall I would definitely suggest checking these out as they really are the best of both worlds!  As someone that gets really dry lips these are perfect for me & I'm pretty sure you'll love them too.  Let me know if you've tried any of these and which colours are your favourites as I'd love to try some more!



No comments:

Post a Comment