20 August 2014

Bella Box July 2014 Review

July's Bella Box was themed American Beauty and we were promised American trends and things that American celebrities use.  This month's sneak peak showed 3 'colour' items which each member would receive one of.  The sneak peaks had everyone really excited this month and they were all pretty good!




So here is what I got in my July Bella Box...






1.  Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream  -  Luxe
Cost:  RRP per 70g is $34.95.  I got 3ml which is worth $1.50.

This one seems to be quite a similar to a favourite of mine, the Lucas Paw Paw Ointment, however this one has quite a strong eucalyptus smell.  Because of this smell I am less inclined to use it on the lips however it makes a nice little addition to pop into my handbag to use on anything I need to use it on!  And as with the Lucas ointment, this one seems to last forever as well!  One thing is that this tube is clearing marked FROM JAPAN.. so not really an "American Beauty" sample.






2.  Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer (Backstage Pass)  -  Colour
Cost:  RRP per 15ml is $14.95.  Full size sample!

This was the most disappointing sample of the box for me only because 1. It's nail polish and 2. The colour is awful.  There may be many people out there that really like a mostly black, with a hint of magenta shimmer, however I am not one of them.  I must sound like a broken record but I really don't like dark nail polishes and I seem to get them so often!  I will be giving this one away to someone that will use it more than me :)  One thing that was a positive is that this is a Carrie Underwood nail polish so it is an "American Beauty" item.






3.  Nailene Treatment To Go Pen  -  Essential
Cost:  RRP per 4ml is $14.99.  Full size sample!

This one was a really cool sample.  I've never seen these sorts of pens before but that may because I never paint my nails.  I will definitely use this one as when I do paint my nails I want them to dry as fast as possible.

 




4.  Designer Brands Lip Butter Mango  -  Classic
Cost:  RRP per 10ml is $4.99.  Full size sample!

Designer Brands is certainly NOT something I classify as "America Beauty".  This is a chemist brand that you buy in chemists, if you buy it at all.  I'm not trying to shame a brand I just don't think that one of our "cheap" brands should be getting into a beauty subscription box.  I will try this lip butter or I will give it away I'm not sure yet.




5.  Revlon Fantasy Lengths Self Adhesive Lashes  -  Colour
Cost:  RRP per 1 set is $9.99.  Full size sample!

How lashes are a colour item is beyond me but there you go.  As I mentioned in my July Lust Have It post I don't wear lashes and though these are pretty I have put them away in my present box to give to someone who actually will use them.  These fit the theme a lot better though so I was happy to see these in here!








BONUS  Natralus Pure 100% Aloe Vera Gel
Cost:  RRP per 200ml is $14.45.  I got 2g which is worth $0.15.

This one was a 'meh' product however as it was the bonus product I wasn't too fussed.  I will use this one but will I rush to use it?  No, probably not.




And those were the contents of my July 2014 Bella Box subscription!

Total Box Value = $46.57


So July was a good month for both Bella Box & Lust Have It with 4 full size products in both subscriptions.  However with Bella Box this month I just don't feel like they were fitting in with their theme.  I love the fact that Bella Box does a theme each month because it gets you all excited about what you're going to get.  But I don't see the point of a theme if you don't stick to it.  I only just made my money back this month with the products I'm going to use however I do have a few things to put in my present basket so that's a plus ;)

Let me know if you are subscribed to Bella Box and what you got if you are!  Also, as always, let me know if you want any individual reviews on any item in this box :)



1 comment:

  1. Hello there - I love your blog!

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out at www.tumbleoutofbed.com

    ReplyDelete