12 August 2014

How to recover from a long walk

On the weekend I did the Waterfall Gully to Mt Lofty Summit hike with a few people I know.  For those of you who don't live in Adelaide or don't know what it is here is some info about it.  That's right it's 7.8 kilometres (4.85 miles) of what is classified as a "hard" walk.  It's funny because if I'd read that info before I started walking I probably would've just stayed at the bottom and had a coffee.  But I'm so glad I did it!

However now I want to do it again.  I'm the type of person that doesn't like exercise but once I get started I just want to run further, walk faster and go the extra km.  It's really strange but it's like I can't stop once I've started because I want to reach the extra milestone.  I don't know whether any of you are like that... or whether it's just me being a weirdo!  For a few days I was in agony because though I walk 3 - 6 kms a day (brag brag lol) I never walk up hills!  My area is flat as flat and a lot of muscles in my legs never get used.... but boy did they get used on Saturday!

So what's the point of all this blatant bragging you are asking?  Well I found the PERFECT way to recover!


Displaying IMG_20140805_075633.JPG


A bath with a lush bath ballistic, reading a magazine of choice and wearing a face mask.  Pretty much perfect way to recover from a hard walk and aching muscles.  The bath bomb of choice for me was the Lord of Misrule bath bomb and being the old granny that I am I chose to read Better Homes & Gardens magazine which yes I am subscribed too.  I decided to wash my face and then apply to Kora face mask that I got in my June Bella Box.  Then after my bath I washed it off and applied night cream.

What do you do to recover from a hard walk where your muscles are aching and you feel like you're 90 years old?  Any excuse for a pamper night works for me! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment