24 June 2015

20 Weeks - Pregnancy Update

Today I am 20 weeks and 4 days pregnant!  Officially past half way and feeling great :)  As you can see these update posts won't be a weekly thing but I thought it might be nice to have them to look back on and to only write when there is actually something to say.

20 Week Scan
On Monday night we had our 20 week ultrasound.  The tech we had got all the pictures she needed except for the heart.  After jumping round the room, going on a 5 minute walk and then a 15 minute walk the baby still wouldn't flip over so we had to reschedule for the next day.  This made me slightly worried but we'd seen the heartbeat and the baby moving around on the screen so I wasn't too worried.  Then yesterday I went in again to get the final pictures.  The baby was in the same position so the tech still couldn't get all the pictures needed.  She sent me back to waiting room for 15 minutes, tried again, then asked me to go on a 30 minute walk and have a coffee or a coke (basically some caffeine).  Well by this point I'd been there over 2 hours and was getting upset.  My husband had come to the Monday scan but was working so couldn't come to the Tuesday.  I spent the 30 minute walk on the verge of tears.  Thankfully when I got back the baby had moved (THANK YOU CAFFEINE) and she got the pictures needed straight away.

Movements
I hadn't felt an awful lot of movement before, just some flutters occasionally that I really wasn't sure where anything at all.  At the ultrasound I found out I had an Anterior Placenta which means it's at the front.  This made me feel a lot better to know there was a reason I wasn't feeling much yet.  Yesterday in the scan however I could feel kicks, and the coolest thing is that you see baby move just after you feel it.  This morning I had a whole lot of kicks just below my ribs and I could actually feel them outside my tummy!!  This is just such a miracle to me and I'm going to enjoy them while I can :)

Bump
Last weekend I started really noticing a more defined bump even in the mornings.  I'm pretty wearing maternity clothes now just because they're more comfortable and I don't need to worry about my tummy poking out.  It's so nice actually looking pregnant finally though people still say I have a small bump.  That doesn't really worry me too much anymore now I know bubs is fine but it did for a while.

Emotions
I have been copying with my stress a bit better.  Haven't felt so out of control like I have been recently.  Still feel like I'm going to cry any time I see anything cute/sad/happy/beautiful, etc...  It's a bit embarrassing but not the worst thing in the world.

Nursery
My husband told me I wasn't allowed to start out baby's room until we'd had the 20 week ultrasound.  Well that's past now and I am so excited, though slightly overwhelmed, about getting started!  We've already got a nursing chair which we bought off my friend which is a lovely black leather one that is sooo comfy.  We also have a big white wardrobe that we'll keep in there but everything else will be new/second hand but new to us :)

So that is my 20 week pregnancy update! Let me know if you have questions about my experiences so far and I'd love to answer them!




No comments:

Post a Comment